Friday, December 14, 2012

Joplin Reflection Part 3


“What is the BOLDEST thing you have ever done?  What if you were 10% BOLDER?” Dr. Angie Besendorfer, Asst. Superintendent Joplin Public Schools.  I have asked this of several people in the last couple of days.  One of the main comments to it I have heard is, “That is a good thing to ponder.”  If it gets you thinking, that is good.  The questions should get you thinking about what and how you are teaching.  Not just teaching, but living as well.  What if you were 10% bolder in anything you have ever done?

Unfortunately for Joplin, it took a natural disaster to bring about this change and become that 10% bolder.  There were discussions that had happened about the technology, so planning had taken place.  It just took the tornado to push them over the cliff.  It moved up their process by several years.  In talking with those on the tour, what kind of, for lack of a better term, “storm” can we create in our districts, community, county, ESU, or state to make us be that 10% bolder.  I know that question from Dr. Besendorfer is going to stick with me.  I want to try and be 10% bolder, not only in my professional life, but my personal life as well.

I cannot thank Joplin Public Schools enough for their hospitality.  I learned so much from you the three days we spent together.  You will not know how much I so appreciate the experience that you afforded us.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

DREAM BIG, and be 10% BOLDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment