Friday, May 10, 2013

NETA Follow-up


After a busy couple of weeks, things are starting to settle down.  NETA, for my first time, was a blur.  Between presenting the entire morning of the first day, then helping a Learning Web team in the afternoon, I did manage to get to one session on Thursday.  I listened to Jeff Utecht (@jutecht) talk about some Google Apps.  I did learn something new, which is always good. 

That evening was spent at Werner Park watching an Omaha Storm Chasers baseball game with several NETA attendees and speakers.  When Jeff Utecht said in that we dared him to put stuff into his Friday Keynote, which actually happened.

Friday was as much of a blur as Thursday.  Great conversations were had with many Twitter friends that now became in person friends.  I was also able to catch up with some former teachers from a previous school and even a student I had several years ago.

It was also a good week for me professionally as well.  Besides getting to present at NETA, I found out on Tuesday of NETA week that I was accepted to be a Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer.  I had taken and passed all the tests and became Individually Qualified (IQ) in November.  I finally got the application process completed in March, and a month later, I am now a Certified Google Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment