Monday, July 1, 2013

First year Reflection

Have you ever wondered where an amount of time went?  I am wondering where the last year has gone.  As I write this post, I have been at ESU7 just over a year.  My how time flies.  This time last year, I was still trying to sell a house four hours away while traveling back and forth those same four hours every weekend to see my family.  Thankfully the house sold quickly and I got my family to Columbus and settled in.  All total, my travel time on the weekends added up to 104 hours of windshield time.  That is a lot of miles, caffeine, fast food, and gas stations.

When I look back at the year and the people I have met, I wouldn’t change anything.  There are many amazing people that work at and in ESU7.  Also, I have had the chance to meet others from around the state through meetings, conferences, and twitter.  I have built a GREAT PLN of people that I can contact if I have a question that I can’t answer or can’t find.  The list is so big, it would take up to much space so I will just give a shout out to #nebedu and #nebedchat.

If several years ago I would have known what I know now, I could have been deadly in the classroom.  Not to say I wasn’t, but I would have been able to do so much more.  The learning curve has been great, but that is a good thing.  If I stop learning in this job, then I am really in trouble.  I know that there are many great conferences that I can and need to attend.  Picking the ones that won’t keep me away from a young family for a long stretch of time are the toughest.  But I know, and they do to, that it is helping me become better at my job of serving the teachers and schools of ESU7.


Thanks for a wonderful first year #ESU7!

No comments:

Post a Comment